Tuesday, January 11, 2011

ANOTHER SNOWY DAY

Last weekend I performed for the Eagle Festival in Concrete, Washington. THis was my first festival performance in a while.  I was nervous, but not unduly so.  I brought two musicians with me and we wove the story with music and went on for two hours without a break to an utterly rapt audience.  We had never rehearsed the whole thing in toto (just blocked it out).  Nice experience and we will all be paid; they put us up in a fantastic cabin out in the woods.  We each had our own bedroom and bath with a great common room and well-stocked kitchen. Views of forest and river and mountains (though mostly it was snowing and they couldn't be seen).I brought wine and wine glasses and treats, so afterwards we had a great party--just the three of us--talking about religion, art, conservation and ecology, and future programming. I had no problems with my memory or energy in doing this program [I had practised ahead of time, of course].  We all had a lot of fun. The Subaru drove me home without a hitch, despite an ice storm in Mount Vernon.

I can see a cat outside the window who is a twin to our late cat, Minou.  I called Minou's name through the glass, and I know her look-alike heard.  I could see her looking about.  But it is good not to have a cat because songbirds are having such a tough time. We are feeding so many birds now--we have two galvanized garbage cans full of bird food on our porch, and we feed them every day.  I get suet every week from the butcher.  It feels right to do that, but I miss having a purry-furry-feline in my lap as I read on cold winter nights.

A huge number of geese just flew by, honking like mad while flapping.  They say if you can still talk while exercising you're not overdoing.  So as magnificent as I find their achievement, I guess it's all in a day's work for them.
I will leave for India in 15 days!

1 comment:

  1. I wondered why you were going without purry furry-ness. I thot maybe it was because you were away so often.
    I truly believe that kitties can be non-BI
    RD-hunters in our lives. It is an agreement that can be made. We can talk about this about the equinox time. There are so many kitties out there awaiting someone to be furry and purry for.

    ReplyDelete